Kerala- 673 648
- More than three years of experience in KM/CM related areas.
- Implementation of KM Strategies and Solutions
- Well-versed with taxonomy/metadata schemes like Dublin Core, ETD-MS etc
- Content management and moderation of software’s such as Drupal, PostNuke, Wiki, PHPNuke, Knowledge Tree etc
- Implementation of Digital libraries/Institutional Repositories
- Familiar with softwares such as Dspace, Eprints, Greenstone etc.
- Web based information services, Portal development and maintenance.
- Digitization of print collection and digital content creation
- Archival, storage and preservation of digital materials
- Experience in online Journal creation, management and indexing
- Familiarity with online databases such as Inspec, Compendex, Medline, Biosis, SciFinder, Web of Science etc.
- Experience in Internet searching and data mining
- Automation of Libraries. Well acquainted with library software like Libsys, CDS/ISIS etc
- Well acquainted with the acquisition and processing of Books and Periodicals
- Reference Service, Circulation, Classification, Cataloguing, Stack Room Maintenance and other functions of the library
- Good Knowledge in Classification schemes like DDC, UDC, CC etc. and Cataloguing rules like AACR2, CCC etc.
- KM/CM Tools: Drupal, PostNuke, OJS, Wiki, PHPBB, Mind Mapping, Knowledge Tree, PHPNuke etc
- Digital Library Softwares: Greenstone, Eprints, andDspace
- Operating Systems: MS DOS, Windows 98, 2000, NT,Unix, Linux
- DBMS: Ms-Access, MySQL PostgreSQL and Foxpro
- Application Package: MS-Office
- Library Software: LIBSYS, CDS/ISIS, SOUL
- Computer Language: C Language
- Web Authoring Tool: Microsoft FrontPage, Dreamweaver
- Mark up languages: HTML, XML, and CSS
- Scripting Languages: Shell script, Perl
- OCR Package: Fine reader, Omni-pro
- Other tools: Acrobat Distiller, Acrobat Capture, Mailman, KM tools etc.
From December 2005
Working as ‘Information Officer’ at Tata Consultancy Services (TCS).
Honeywell Technology Solutions Lab (HTSL) (Aug 2005 – Dec 2005)
Position: Knowledge Executive
- Organize and assist KM activities in the center
- Arrange Communities of Practice (CoP’s) of various levels
- Facilitate Knowledge Sharing/Best Practice sessions
- Facilitate the functioning of Knowledge Center
- Maintain the e-resources, update and renew database subscriptions
- Arrange for the procurement of medias
National Center for Science Information (NCSI), Indian Institute of Science
(Feb 2005 – August 2005)
Position: Project Assistant
Project: Scientific Journal Publishing in India: Indexing and online Management.
Goal: The goal of this project is to improve the accessibility of scientific literature published in Indian journals by introducing an indexing system. This project would set up a demonstration of systems that would be self-sustaining under the existing infrastructure to support Indian scientific journals and academic publishing. This collaboration builds on the development of the UBC Public Knowledge Project’s Open Journals Systems (OJS) which manages and publishes peer-reviewed journals.
Project implementation and coordination: National Centre for Science Information (NCSI)
Project partners: Public Knowledge Project, Dept of Language and Literacy (University of British Columbia & Simon Fraser University), University of British Columbia
Project Lead: Late Dr. T B Rajashekar
Project partner: Prof. John Willinsky
Technical Lead: Kevin Jamieson
Platform: Redhat Linux
The project is ongoing. Prototype of the project site can be seen in the following link: http://188.8.131.52/prototype.htm
National Centre for Science Information (NCSI) (August 2003-Jan 2005)
Undergone a professional training program in “Information and Knowledge Management” at the National Center for Science Information, (http//www.ncsi.iisc.ernet.in) IISc, Bangalore.
- The website of the training program can be accessed at http://www.ncsi.iisc.ernet.in/training
Project at NCSI:
As part of the course I have done an eight-month project (From June 2004- Jan 2005) entitled “Implementing IISc E-Thesis system using DSpace and ETD-MS Metadata Standard for Theses and Dissertations”.
Set up an ETD (Electronic Theses Repository) system for IISc using DSpace (an Institutional Repository Software)- Formulate Submission, Review, Publishing workflow policies - Understand better the technical, policy and workflow requirements for ETD System - Implement ETD-MS Metadata Standard for Theses and Dissertations- Make necessary changes in DSpace software to incorporate specific requirements of IISc- Set up a modified Electronic Theses System with Review, Workflow, and Right/Access management provisions.
Project implementation and coordination: National Centre for Science Information (NCSI) and JRD Tata Memorial Library, IISc
o Project Guides: Late Dr. T B Rajashekar and Dr S Venkadesan, IISc
o Platform: Redhat Linux and Fedora Core
o Technology: Java, JSP
o Server: Apache Tomcat
o Backend: PostgreSQL
More details of the project can be accessed at http://184.108.40.206/projects-2004-05.htm
- The etd@IISc System can be accessible at http://etd.ncsi.iisc.ernet.in/
Indian Institute of Science Library, Bangalore (April-August 2003)(http://www.library.iisc.ernet.in/)
- Digitization of research thesis as a part of the digital library project at IISc Library
- Acquisition and processing of books.
- Circulation and Information Desk service.
- Classification, Cataloguing and Reference Service.
National Institute of Technology (formerly REC) Calicut (August 2002-April 2003) (http://www.nitc.ac.in/)
- Working experience in various fields of Library operations in both traditional and automated environment.
- Involved in the digitization of books, journals and services including handling of CD-ROM databases.
- Participated in various activities in the digital library of NIT, named NALANDA.
- National Educational Testing – Qualified for JRF and Eligibility for Lectureship at University Level in Indian Universities.
University Grants Commission,New Delhi, India
- Post Master's Certification in "Information and Knowledge Management" from Indian Institute of Science.
August 2003 - January 2005
- Masters Degree in Library and Information Science
University of Calicut, Kerala, India.
Dissertation: “Application of Information Technology to Modernise Sports and Athletics in Kerala with a view to improve India’s Performance in the Olympic Games”
Passed with Second Rank in the University
- Masters Degree in Mathematics
Currently pursuing in Distance Education Department, University of Calicut, Kozhikode, Kerala
- Bachelors Degree in Mathematics
University of Calicut, Kozhikode, Kerala
Passed with First Class.1996-1999
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications
Co-operative Computer Academy, Manjeri, Kerala
Passed with First Class
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) Certification on “Intellectual Property Protection and Management”. 2005
- Undergone a six months certificate course in “Intellectual Property Rights and Protection” at Proficience, Indian Institute of Science. 2004
- Undergone a six months certificate course in “Project Management and Communication” at Proficience, Indian Institute of Science. 2004
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication skills
- Flexible and adapting successfully to changing situations and environments
- Teamwork- working confidently within a group
- Leadership skills – ability to motivate and direct others
- Ability to plan activities and carry them through effectively
- Willingness to work and fulfill organizational needs
- Strong in written and verbal communication
- Computing, programming and IT skills
- Innovative and positive thinking to solve problems
- etd@IISc: A DSpace-based ETD-MS and OAI Compliant Theses Repository Service of Indian Institute of Science
P Jobish, Biswal, H K, Minj, F, Venkadesan, S and Rajashekar, T B
(Paper presented in the International Conference held at Austarlia, 2005
- IPR Issues in the Digital Environment
Paper presented at IISc